b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A new proposal of structure of psalm: cantillation.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Antonio Garcia <garcia.secretariagh.antonio1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A new proposal of structure of psalm: cantillation.
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:13:44 +0200

Hi all:

I´ve comproved that more people don´t know the structure of psalms, and
that it´s in my only opinion a big problem, with some posts about meaning on
psalms.

The best way to show them is show words on psalms and their exact
position on composition.

If you try to change this order, anybody could understand anything, on
psalms.

I give you another example, on psalm 65, verses 2-8, their ketib, that
was writen, I´ve entitled The structure of the empty, cause I think the
text of psalms is empty, not only unpointed.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8510/psalm65cantillationvers.jpg

To understand music on psalms, we must to reconstruct their structure, their
columns, and read the qere. It´s not writen, you need to add them, for
having all psalm, not only the empty psalm.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3896/psalm65qerecantillation.jpg

Musical composition, on cantillation, has a third musical reading, the
inverse reading, I try to show this action whit this example.
. That´s one inusual way to read writen text but musicians of choors were
able to sing this cantillation.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7832/psalm65cantillationinve.jpg

I hope this arxives could help researchers on structure of psalms,

Kind regards to the list.

Antonio Garcia Hurtado.