b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Goshen

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Goshen
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:25:18 -0400

I have already expressed my opinion here that GOSHEN is a variant (possibly an intentional fudge by later editors) of KOSHEN, the land of KUSH (related to KASHAH, QASHAH, GUSH and GAZIT, 'mass, lump'. See Job 7:5), or Ethiopia and southward, and that the crossing from Africa to Asia took place at bab el mandeb.

Isaac Fried, Boston University