b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] A new proposal of structure of psalm: cantillation.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Antonio Garcia <garcia.secretariagh.antonio1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] A new proposal of structure of psalm: cantillation.
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:46:11 +0200

Structure of psalms.

My main interest in bible language was the structure of psalm. I´ve made
one proposal to sing their text with a musical structure, the cantillation.

Basically, if you consider that symbols weren´t vocalized, they could be
seen as musical signs, and it depends on the pronounce of each singer and
the way of reading this musical text.

This pentagram must be read by the instructions of each line, we need to
complete their text , to fill their “absent” letters, to fill the “empty”
text. I thought that we have a wall, but some pieces where missed, or their
writer don´t need to repeat words.

I would explain my new reading with one example, the little psalm 123, (I
wrote in a catolic forum one article, with the same arxives. It´s easy to
read, and there you have the four images in one only post with a similar
explanation).

[url=
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=98&u=12506989][img]http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/12/50/69/89/salmo_10.jpg[/img][/url
]

In order to complete each column, and each line, we can use similar words or
letters.

[url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=99&u=12506989][img]
http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/12/50/69/89/salmo_11.jpg[/img][/url<http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/12/50/69/89/salmo_11.jpg%5b/img%5d%5b/url>
]

Here you have the arxive with all their pieces …., and the result of this
action:

We have two readings, the first, the ketiv, the original writing text, and
second, qére. In this pentagram, cantillation people used to sing this
music in a unusual way, from left to right. That is their third reading,

[url=
http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=100&u=12506989][img]http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/12/50/69/89/salmo_12.jpg[/img][/url
]

here you have their text.

Now, we have all of musical piece composition, and we can hear the history
of this women, history of their violation.

[url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=101&u=12506989][img]
http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/12/50/69/89/cantil10.jpg[/img][/url<http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/12/50/69/89/cantil10.jpg%5b/img%5d%5b/url>
]

This structure, cantillation, allow us to classify each psalm and their
principal motifs. It´s a way to read, sing, and understanding psalms.

I hope this question will be accept in b-hebrew list.

--
http://hebreoiberico.blogspot.com/
http://numismticahebreahispana.blogspot.com/