b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic to Hebrew language switch?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Rolf Furuli" <furuli AT online.no>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic to Hebrew language switch?
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:44:09 -0700

Dear Rolf,

Thank you for the sources and link.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rolf Furuli" <furuli AT online.no>
To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2010 12:37 AM

Dear Bryant,

Sources discussing the Tetragram in Egypt:

M. Lauenberger. "Jhwhs Herkunft aus dem Sden
Arch ologische Befunde-biblische
berlieferungen-historiche Korrelasjonen,"
Zeitschrift f r die Alttestamentliche
Wissenschaft, 2010: 1-19.

Leclant, J. (1991). "Le "Tetragramme" lepoque
dAm nophis III," in NearEastern Studies
Dedicated to H. I. H. Prince Takahito Mikasa on
the occation of His Seventy-Fifth Birthday.
Wiesbaden, 215-219.

Giveon, R. (1971). Les Bdouins Shosou des Documents gyptiens. Leiden:Brill.

Sources discussing West Semitic glosses in the Amarna letters:

W. L. Moran. "Amarna Studies: collected Writings." 2003.

S. Izreel. "Canaano-Akkadian" 1998.

A. F. Rainey. "Canaanite in the Amarna tablets: a
linguistic analysis of the mixed dialect used by
the scribes from Canaan." 1996.

I have not previously looked for information on
the Internet regarding the Tetragram in Egypt.
Because you asked for links I searched the name
"Soleb," and I found
http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2010/s10010053.htm
and several others. You can also search for
"Soleb".

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo