b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Goodbye

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Goodbye
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 02:57:04 +0300

Dear All,

Speaking only for myself, I am very sorry to see Yitzhak go. He has been a
valued member of this list for a long time. However, I decided not to even
try to convince him not to, because, while I think that he is over-reacting
and taking things personally where no personal offence is meant, I can
sympathize with his feelings. And even more that I am sorry to see him go, I
am sorry that the atmosphere on this list has become so charged that members
are uncomfortable with it. I, together with my co-moderators, have been
trying to walk the fine line between over-moderation and total freedom of
expression, leaning, when in doubt, towards freedom of expression. The fact
that some members have abused this freedom saddens me more than anything
else.

Yigal Levin