b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] b-hebrew] Can YHWH at Genesis 3:14 [ in Codex L. ] be "correctly"read as"Yehowah"? [ RE-TITLED MESSAGE

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davedonnelly1 AT juno.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew] Can YHWH at Genesis 3:14 [ in Codex L. ] be "correctly"read as"Yehowah"? [ RE-TITLED MESSAGE
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:45:40 -0400

On Mon Jun 28 08:39:56 EDT 2010 ,
Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com replied to my comment shown
below:

"Hopefully other members of b-Hebrew will respond to your Posts,
as I occasionally look on in Awe".

Yitzhak Sapir replied:

While perhaps I should be flattered, I would much prefer it if you took
an active part in this discussion. I'm not sure if other members have
any input of their own to add (beyond what was discussed in the last
few days and in fact in all that has been posted on the subject on the
list).

But I really want to know if the answers above solve all your
questions. Are you still skeptical, and if so, why?"

Yitzhak,

I have decided to drop out of any further discussions on this issue.

I will probably look for a new Christian Bible that I can live with,
that uses "The LORD" and "GOD" when translating variants of "YHWH".

While I am still somewhat skeptical about this method of translating the
variants of YHWH,
this method seems to be the rule and not the exception in Christian
Bibles.

I thank you for the information that you have provided me with on this
issue,
in your various posts to me.

Sincerely Yours,

Dave Donnelly
2547% Penny Stock Picks?
Our last pick exploded 2547% - Join our free newsletter today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c29cf046c745cc2d7st01duc