b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Unpointed

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Unpointed
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:08:40 +0300

Hi Randall,

I'm not sure I see how communication is breaking down. Surely, you
acknowledge that for hundreds of years the Christian church unanimously
considered the Greek tradition to be superior and this fashion was only
changed post Jerome with Jerome being the pioneer to consider the Hebrew
tradition that developed into the MT to be superior? Where exactly is
communication breaking down? This is historically documented very well if I
am not mistaken.

James Christian