b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qadesh of Genesis 20:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qadesh of Genesis 20:1
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:36:50 -0700

Jim:

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> James Christian:
>
> My own view, as opposed to the scholarly view, is that almost all of the
> Patriarchal narratives, excluding Genesis 36: 8-43, is old and reliable.
>
> Jim Stinehart

So in your view, the story of Joseph who was a great-grandson of Abraham,
was sold to Egypt as a slave, yet rose to become the first grand vizier of
Egypt, brought his whole family to Egypt to escape a multi-year drought,
therefore there had to have been a exodus from Egypt, is a historically
accurate story? In previous messages you denied this.

So you contend that Abraham lived to a ripe old age of 175? And Isaak to
180? Jacob to 139 and Joseph to 110?

And if you admit that these are “old and reliable”, then you would have to
admit that they predated the Exodus dated to about 1440 BC by centuries.
Therefore by your own statement above, you have to admit that the story of
Abraham long predated the EA letters, by centuries.

Why do I smell a rat?