b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 17:23:38 +0300

In fact, it's worse than I at first thought Karl. There is in fact mention
of a King of Urusalem (Jerusalem). An Abdi-Heba, who grovels shamelessly to
the Pharaoh in EA 287. I fail to see how Abdi-Heba could be identified with
any of the Kings of Judah. This name probably means Servant of Hebat, a
Hurrian goddess. So, I'm finding the Amarna period very unlikely to be
contemporary with a Kingdom of Israel.

James Christian