b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 20:14 Who are the young men, princes of the districts?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:44:27 -0700

Stoney:

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Stoney Breyer <
stoneyb AT touchwoodcreative.com> wrote:

> [...]

LOL! But I doubt she commanded armies.

> >> “Consensus is the refuge of scoundrels”
> Of the lazy perhaps, or the incurious, but I think characterizing the
> majority of scholars as scoundrels is over the line.

Please don’t take statements out of context! There’s a reason I have that
statement in quotes, and there is a reason that I immediately followed it
with a clarification, and that reason should have been clear, namely that I
do not condemn consensus per se, rather that consensus that contradicts data
is not good. As such, there is no characterizing the majority of scholars as
scoundrels. So don’t read into the text what is not there.