b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] The topic of the message (was Re: Karl gives no evidence that omicron-upsilon ever represents long 'o' followed by 'w' in Koine Greek/)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] The topic of the message (was Re: Karl gives no evidence that omicron-upsilon ever represents long 'o' followed by 'w' in Koine Greek/)
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:42:05 +0200

Hello Garth,

May I please ask that you give the content of your mail in the
content, and the topic in
the topic? It's my own personal sense of netiquette, but I hope you'd
consider it.

In this message, the topic is not "Karl does not give evidence" etc.
That is the content,
the body of your message. It may be the topic sentence in a
paragraph, but it is still
the body. The topic is perhaps "Greek ou in Iaoue". This is the same
topic as the one
you were discussing before with Karl. Nothing changed. This type of
action means that
those of us who have threading in our mail readers will not be able to
read this message
along with the previous messages in the thread. Those with any kind
of reader will not
be able to skip those messages easily if they are not interesting by
choosing not to read
the topic or by filtering the topic.

Incidentally, this type of behavior is in part why I've not responded
to any of your previous
posts.

Yitzhak Sapir

  • [b-hebrew] The topic of the message (was Re: Karl gives no evidence that omicron-upsilon ever represents long 'o' followed by 'w' in Koine Greek/), Yitzhak Sapir, 03/14/2010