b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Seir Sinai

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Seir Sinai
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:41:23 +0200

Actually George, why do you assume that Midian is more securely located than
Sinai is? There is absolutely no extra-biblical evidence for either. But
everything that we do know about the Israelites' itinerary points to what we
now call the Sinai Peninsula. Especially Kadesh-Barnea, at which they
arrived AFTER Mount Sinai. Assuming that Kadesh is at Ein Qudeirat as
conventionally thought, it does not make sense that they crossed into Arabia
and then back to Kadesh.

Yigal Levin