b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Vocabulary focal points

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Vocabulary focal points
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:20:02 +0200

Agreed, vocabulary acquisition should focus not only on attested forms but
start with high frequency ones. Grammar is secondary to vocabulary
acquisition. With enough stimulus of correct usage grammar could and should
be induced if we are aiming to simulate/stimulate natural language
acquisition.

James Christian