b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 2:18 "help meet"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: robertsumner0110 AT wmconnect.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 2:18 "help meet"
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 22:44:36 -0500

I tend to think the phrase might best be understood as "to complement him,"
something along the lines of the yin and yang concept, with the idea of the
two creating a balanced and harmonized 'oneness.' After all, the central
idea, both here and later, is the essential unity that should exist between
husband and wife.

Robert Shannon Sumner