b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] better concordance than Even-Shoshan?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yodan" <yodan AT yodanco.com>
  • To: "'Noam Eitan'" <noameitan AT yahoo.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] better concordance than Even-Shoshan?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:29:44 -0800

Ashpatot is in Lam. 4:5. It is a plural of Ashpa and it does appear in the
Even Shoshan concordance. It is the last word listed there under Ashpa.

The word in the verse you quoted (which is Psalms 113:7) is Ashpot (not
Ashpatot), and it too is a plural of Ashpa and it appears in this
concordance under Ashpa.

Ashpatot is not mentioned because it is a plural of Ahspa, which is where it
is mentioned.

Yarim is also listed in this concordance. The root is Reish.Vav.Mem and the
Binyan is Hiph'il.

Rivka Sherman-Gold

YODAN Publishing
P.O. Box 60655