b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Akhenaton (Was: The King's road: Bezer)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Akhenaton (Was: The King's road: Bezer)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 00:55:06 +0000

Thanks. I've been meaning to get into Egyptology a bit to see how this all
fits together. I feel I really also need to look into the history and
archeology of all of Isreal's neighbours to be honest. Just to wet my
appetite what kind of views are the maximalists offering? Who do they
identify as the Pharoah? Please don't say Rameses II. I just don't buy that
line.

What about the minimalists? My understanding is they defend the theory that
the Hebrews were never in Egypt and there was no conquest of Isreal. Just a
gradual growth of their population in the area.

Where do you sit in the spectrum?

James Christian