b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Narrative vs Poetry

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Vadim Cherny <vadimcherny AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Narrative vs Poetry
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:46:54 +0200

You seems to quote from your own book, which is not a good argument. I don't agree with any part of your quote.
The verb means, quite simple, "And I dwelt in"

Vadim Cherny

Randall Buth wrote:

Here is a footnote from
Living Biblical Hebrew, v. 3, p.103:

וְשַׁבְתִּי This form is technically the sequential future tense of
לָשׁוּב "to return" and would mean "and I will return".
However, such a verb would not be expected to be used with the
following preposition ב "in, within". לָשׁוּב expects אֶל to.