b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 62, was Tools For Learning Ancient Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 62, was Tools For Learning Ancient Hebrew
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:21:03 -0800

Doug:

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Doug Belot <dbelot AT bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Karl , With such reading behind you , you would have a better
> understanding than most , could you give me your understanding of Is 62:1-7
> , and would you tell me the correct way to read Is 62:5 .
>
> And when you think this prophecy is to be .
>
> doug Belot
>
> I’m going to have to decline this request, as I understand it to be a
theological question, not a linguistic question dealing with Biblical Hebrew
language.

A second reason is that it sounds like you have some specific thoughts
already about these verses. If so, is it not better for you to put out your
ideas first in the form of a question, rather than putting someone else on
the spot from which he can be torn down?

Karl W. Randolph.

  • Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 62, was Tools For Learning Ancient Hebrew, K Randolph, 02/09/2010