b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] BH verbal system

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] BH verbal system
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:40:47 -0500

ישלח = היא-שלח, וישלח = בא-היא-שלח

Isaac Fried, Boston University

On Jan 29, 2010, at 11:29 AM, Rolf Furuli wrote:

Dear Joseph,

I have Hebrew grammar of Schneider (In German)
in my library, and I have a short discussion of
it in my doctoral dissertation. Both Schneider
and Alviero Niccacci base their works on Harald
Weinrich (1974) "Tempus: Besprochende und
Erzählte Welt." Weinrich admits that his analysis
of the verbal systems of languages on the basis
of discourse analysis is "unassailable," that is,
the conclusions cannot be tested. So why should
we believe them?

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo