b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Why does my NIVIHEOT translate YHWH as "Yahweh" 6823 times?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davedonnelly1 <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Why does my NIVIHEOT translate YHWH as "Yahweh" 6823 times?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:14:06 -0500

I own "The Interlinear NIV Hebrew-English Old Testament" [ e.g. NIVIHEOT
] in a 4 volume set.
The NIVIHEOT uses a BHS text, which like Codex L., has 6 different
variants of YHWH.
Each one of these 6 variants of YHWH, where ever they occur, are
translated as "Yahweh"!
By what authority does the NIVIHEOT translate YHWH as "Yahweh"?

Dave Donnelly

P.S. The New Jerusalem Bible also has a BHS text as the underlying
Hebrew,
and it too translates each of the six variants of YHWH as "Yahweh".

Am I missing something in these two "translations", [quote / unquote] or
are they both 100% disingenuous?
Diet Help
Cheap Diet Help Tips. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=ckxMDlhfV3BSitya6cHqyAAAJ1BVGyITH_OGb159rldJgo3SAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYQAAAAAA=