b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 Tohu Bohu

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "James Spinti" <JSpinti AT Eisenbrauns.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 Tohu Bohu
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:49:37 -0500

I would suggest you read:

Creation and Destruction: A Reappraisal of the Chaoskampf Theory in the
Old Testament
by David Toshio Tsumura
Eisenbrauns, 2005
List Price: $37.50

It should be available via Google books, if you don't want to buy it or
check it out of a library. He deals extensively (and exhaustively) with
the phrase, including much Akkadian. It is a reworking and expansion of
his earlier work in the same area.

James
James Spinti
Marketing Director, Book Sales Division