b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Are all 5 of these variants of YHWH all supposed to be read as...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: tedbro AT aol.com
  • To: davedonnelly1 AT juno.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Are all 5 of these variants of YHWH all supposed to be read as...
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 18:04:42 EST

Dave:

Very interesting!

1) What do you make of the fact that these variants exist? Couldn't they
simply be equivalent to different spellings of the same word; somewhat
analogous to plene and lene orthography?

2) I believe that there are four variants. #2 and #5 are the same, aren't
they?

3) Per the chart previously sent, the occurrence count in the LC is #1
occurs 1 time, #2 occurs 271 times, #3 occurs 31 times and #4 occurs 2 times.

Right?

Peace,
Ted Brownstein

In a message dated 1/1/2010 5:19:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,