b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms 86:11 "in truth"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Butzu <jbutzu AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalms 86:11 "in truth"
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:28:17 +0100

John,
Do you divide the verse this way:
1. First part: the first three words
2. Second part: the following two words
3. Third part: the remaining four words?

or are your thinking of something else as for a division of verse into
small -but complete- sentences?

Remark that the text says: "Teach my, Lord, THY way". The word "emet" is in
construct because it took the suffix -kha and then no need of another name
in the absolute after it...
As for help look at (for pause) www.oham.net/out/S-t/S-t1314.html
and (for dynamic) at www.oham.net/out/S-t/S-t1312.html

Greetings.