b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] waw "conseq" series -- chronological and logical

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Roe <d.roe AT t-online.de>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] waw "conseq" series -- chronological and logical
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 02:42:26 +0100

Hello,

If the answer to my question is too complex for an email response, please refer me to helpful literature -- if it's too simple, my apologies...

Within a single waw series of perfect followed by imperfects, is it possible (or even frequent) that the imperfect waw relatives shift from chronological succession to logical succession (and vice versa)? Or must all imperfects in the series be either chronological or logical?

Thanks so much,
David

D.W. Roe
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany