b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Psalm 2:11-12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Psalm 2:11-12
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 23:39:28 +0000

I know how much people on B-Hebrew like my idea of regrouping the Hebrew
letters of controversial quotes, so here is one of my ideas for Psalm 2:11-12
which some people translate as "kiss the son", etcetera.
Maybe it says "serve the L-rd in fear and joy and innocence (bet resh), while
(until) (ayin dalet) His being set on fire (hay) (nun sin koof) (vav) is
innocent (bet resh), lest He will become angry and you will perish stepping
forth. When will burn almost (a little?) His anger, marching (alef shin resh)
will complete (kaf lamed lamed כלל as kaf lamed כל) (yud kaf lamed) (geminate
verb) my pitying by Him."
Maybe the nations are planning to attack, so he is saying that G-d is a
little angry right now, but He will become very angry if they actually start
to march toward Israel.
The verb spelled (kaf lamed lamed) is used in EZEKIEL 27:4 and 11.

It's a wild guess, but sometimes wild guesses are fun.

Kenneth Greifer

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen:112009v2

  • [b-hebrew] Psalm 2:11-12, kenneth greifer, 11/15/2009