b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Year 14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Year 14
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:50:15 +0100

Hi,

2009/10/23 kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>

> Jim,
>

> You know that I disagree with you on everything about the patriarchal
> narratives, but I still think you should try a better way of spreading your
> ideas. B-Hebrew is the last place on earth to try out new ideas. The people
> here only like old ideas that come with scholarly citations. I doubt most
> of the people on this list have ever even had a new idea.

That doesn't seem to be too accurate a description of most debates on here
I've seen. There are a number of people on this list who highly value
primary source evidence and are not too impressed with citations unless they
are given with the relevant primary source evidence.

> You would be very successful with people who like fringe theories about
> history and ancient mysteries. Write a book and you will find people who
> will take your ideas seriously.

However, this I would agree with. You wouldn't believe the amount of people
I've met who believe da Vinci represented Mary next to Jesus in his last
supper work.

James Christian