b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Year 14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: 'B-Hebrew' <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Year 14
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:06:25 +0200

Jim, the verses involved explain exactly what "year fourteen" means: the
local kings were enslaved for twelve years, rebelled on the thirteenth, and
Chedorlaomer and his allies reacted on the fourteenth. That's all there is
to it. And we are also NOT going to repeat the discussion on your suggested
identifications of these kings and of the historical background of the
story. If anyone's interested, he can look up your old posts in the
archives.

Yigal Levin

Co-moderator, B-Hebrew