b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Post biblical forms of Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>, Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Post biblical forms of Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:40:46 +0200

I don't see the relevance of your post to my post. Forgive me.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 3:09 PM, James Christian
<jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com> wrote:
> The only you've just proved there is the general point. There are different
> types of learners with different types of experiences.
. . . (very long)

That point was not the issue and we agree.

The issue was whether modern Hebrew was detrimental.
And I tend to value higher the opinions of those who know both.

A subpoint is whether a person can truly internalize a language
by reading only.

Perhaps a point between the lines was whether staying in English, or
some other language than Hebrew, will somehow be more positive than
modern Hebrew.

Randall