b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Post biblical forms of Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Post biblical forms of Hebrew
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:10:53 +0100

Hi,

with regard to the differences and similarities and their effect on the
learner I'm not sure you are justified in making such a broad generalisation
Randall. There are different types of learners with different types of
pyschological qualities. There are a number of psychological qualities which
are conducive to learning a language and a number which present a barrier.
One of the fundamental qualities in the way the learner chooses to put focus
on similarities or differences and how the learner typically treats them.
Those who focus on similarities tend to learn quicker. Those who focus
negatively on the differences do not learn well. And so in this case it all
depends on the individual learner type and introspection based on our own
learner type is not always a good indicator for giving advice. That's why I
asked about learning experiences.

James Christian