b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] verb conjugations, Pr. 5:5 & 6

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] verb conjugations, Pr. 5:5 & 6
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 05:08:37 -0700

Gerry:

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Gerry Folbre <gfolbreiii AT gmail.com> wrote:

> The Kethib version of Pr. 5:6 reads as follows:
>
> ארח חיים ען תפלס נעו מעגלתיה לא תדע׃
>
> Gerry Folbre

Where do you get that ketib version of the verse? It is different from the
Westminster Leningrad Codex which, as I understand, is the basis for all
scholarly versions on the market, including the latest Biblica Hebreica from
Stuttgart as well as all the online versions that I know of.

Now you have to explain your variant reading, then get back to explaining
how you justify that it is a piel.