b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Job and lqbl

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Job and lqbl
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 12:52:40 -0700

On 5 Sep 2009 at 22:44, Randall Buth wrote:

> You are not reading my questions correctly. I was asking for
> a dialect profile of a verb "qbl", which would include any and all
> forms
> with pronoun prefixes and/or suffixes, with or without vav, or a
> preposition,
> and I was not interested in Hif`il forms, since that is a
> different
> verb. I was adding 'L' in order to clarify that a Hif`il was not
> wanted in
> the discussion.

Not according to the standard lexicons, it's not a "different verb." Where
do you get this
idea? In every source I can find, the pi`el and the hiph`il are listed under
the same heading,
different stems of the same verb. If you're going to claim something
different, you're going
to have to pony up some tenable evidence.

Dave Washburn

http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur