b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Mystery religions?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Mystery religions?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 17:24:16 -0700

Dear B-Hebrew haburim:
While bouncing around the web, I found, but forgot where I found it, that
Ezekiel 13:17–20 refers to accouterments connected with mystery religions
like Dionysios worship.

In particular, the article mentioned the KSTWT as being some sort of binding
on the hands, known in Greece from Euripedes Maenads, while the MSPXWT
ornament on the head again related to worship. Does anyone have any more
information on these?

Karl W. Randolph.

  • [b-hebrew] Mystery religions?, K Randolph, 08/21/2009