b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Translation theory and NP$

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Translation theory and NP$
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:20:50 -0700

James:
Ecclesiastes also tells us that everything is “hebele” futility.

While I have had disappointments in life, life has been anything but
futility.

Some claim that this was written late in life, when Solomon was in his
apostasy. I see no reason to disagree. As such it is included in Tanakh to
show the futility of life without God, not as a trustworthy guide to true
understanding of God’s ways. And that will include what will happen in $)WL.

Karl W. Randolph.