b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gen 30.41,42

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'K Randolph'" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "'B-Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gen 30.41,42
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:04:17 -0400

Yours in Christ,
-Steve Miller
www.voiceInWilderness.info
But the Lord answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and
troubled about many things; But there is need of one thing, for Mary has
chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her. (Luke
10:41-42)

[Steve Miller] The English word "conspiracy" requires multiple people. I
think that when the Bible only mentions one name conspiring against a king,
it doesn't mean that he did it alone. It just was not important to name the
others. For example 2 Kg 9:14 just says that Jehu conspired against Joram,
but when you read the details you see that he had helpers.

Concordant Version translates the 2 words as "sinewy" and "droopy".

-Steve Miller
Detroit