b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] ve-safah )ahat

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Mark Spitsbergen <awakesd AT mac.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] ve-safah )ahat
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 06:53:03 -0700

To which side does the weight of the evidence rest regarding the "one language" of Genesis 11:1,6: was it Biblical Hebrew, proto- Hebrew or a completely unrelated language from that found in the Bible? I can accept the notion that there is a possibility that nothing of the pre- bavel language remained after God "confounded their language", my desire is to understand the current conclusions set forth in the paleolinguist research on the subject. The one thing that I have come to expect from this list are a lot of passionate and differing views.

Thanks,

Mark Spitsbergen