b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] bavel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] bavel
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 07:55:16 +0200

Dear Mark,

While it is perfectly legitimate for you to state what you "believe", you
must understand that that's a non-starter for a discussion on this list.
What you are saying, is that others, who may not share your belief in this
matter, are basically left out of the discussion. Since this list is
specifically NOT about belief, the only legitimate way to begin a discussion
is by citing evidence. As long as your argument rests on a foundation of
personal faith, it's not one that can be discussed.

Best,

Yigal Levin
Co-moderator, b-hebrew