b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew Forum (Was: Gobbledygook)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <jaihare AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew Forum (Was: Gobbledygook)
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 01:49:20 +0300

I don't know why in the course of this discussion no one changed the
subject, as per normative online etiquette. I think that B-Hebrew was
supposed to be something like B-Greek. Isn't that why they bear kinda
the same names and follow each other from server to server?

If you're interested in an online study list, perhaps Berel Beyer's
"Hebrew Self-Study" group would interest you. There, people freely ask
questions related only to the Hebrew language (both Biblical and
Modern, depending on the question), and they get answers that have
nothing to do with all the conjecture and personal speculation, except
in so far as it directly relates to understanding the language.

You could also join a study group or work through a text with someone.
Quite different from B-Hebrew, but each list has its focus.