b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] TLDTH and author of Genesis 6:9b-10:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] TLDTH and author of Genesis 6:9b-10:1
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 19:16:12 +0100

Hi,

according to Karl's theory of the TLDTH formula found in several places in Genesis it is a theory which indicates author and title (but the author doesn't always have to be there).

If we are to accept this theory then the author of Genesis 6:9b-10:1 is Shem, Ham and Japheth.

So, I am interested to learn more about this theory. Am I to understand this as separate parts of the account being authored by one Shem, Ham or Japheth or am to understand this as all three jointly authored it in some way.

James Christian

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

  • [b-hebrew] TLDTH and author of Genesis 6:9b-10:1, James Read, 05/19/2009