b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tolodoth theory and the date of Genesis 2:4-4:26

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tolodoth theory and the date of Genesis 2:4-4:26
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:34:44 +0100

Hi,

Quoting K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>:

James:
I just decided not to answer one of your postings in another thread that you
started because your answer indicates ignorance of Hebrew language and
poetry.

As a group, we have had other discussions where the reuse of names for new
places and people was an issue, and this is no different. Just because the
post-flood land of Cush was named after one of Ham’s sons does not rule out
that this was a reuse of a pre-flood name for a new place. The same with
Assyria.

Am I going to have to draw a time line?

James Christian

This whole argument is a non-starter.