b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Best Commentary on Psalms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Louis Sorenson <llsorenson AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <lxx AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Best Commentary on Psalms
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 22:43:05 -0500

I'm looking for the best commentaries on the Psalms. One that focuses on the
the Hebrew text, but also on the genre as a whole. I want to use it as a
background commentary for reading the Psalms in the Greek Septuagint. Does
anyone have any comments on these two commentaries? Are there other
commentaries specifically dealing with the Greek Psalms, I am aware of none.

Two commentaries I have found of note are
Word Biblical Commentary: Psalms 1-50, Second Edition, Volume 19

By: Peter C. Craigie, Marvin
E. Tate

More in Word Biblical
Commentary Series
Thomas Nelson / 2004 / Hardcover
Write A Review

and

Psalms: The Expositor's Bible Commentary, Revised Edition, Volume 5

Edited By: Tremper Longman
III, David E. Garland

By: Willem A. VanGemeren

More in Expositor's Bible