b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The hebrew letter Taw

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The hebrew letter Taw
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 10:11:27 +0100

Sure, I guess there are aspects of this that would be better off list.

Allow me to rephrase to a question which would have a better place on the list:

Independently of the reasons why this subject interests me does anybody know of any linguistic evidence, either from Hebrew or cognates, for or against the theory that the letter Taw is from an original pictogram with basic meaning 'sign' or 'signature'?

James Christian Read

Quoting George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>:

Perhaps replies to this thread should be sent offlist to James Read directly. It's not really relevant to B-Hebrew.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Co-Moderator, B-Hebrew
(Sydney, Australia)