b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] IMMER familly in NEHEMIE 7 40

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: vincent AT otxplc.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] IMMER familly in NEHEMIE 7 40
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 07:39:06 +0000

Thank you for your answers.
I succed to go back to around 1820 in swisszerland with the grand pa of my
father named immer, and married with Maria-Hanna Stern.
Stern is it exclusivly jewish? I do not know.
I study another IMMER familly roots in France, which have Swiss origin dating
back to 1320.
The original name is Imer, and around 1500 few male carries hebrew names,
Israel, Abraham, Josue, David Samuel, (see
http://imerloup.club.fr/page09-02.html ), they were protestant apparently, is
it common to have hebrew name even people are not jewish? Or maybe did they
know they come from hebrew roots?
Anyway, the familly Imer, claims, that their roots is Imier (Hymer, Ymer),
which is was very commun in the jura alps in that time.

I did a search in Yad Vashem, and found 4 pages of IMMER jewish familly
originating from, Yougoslavia, Hungary, Romania, Poland.
The name is derived from IMMER and may be Eimmer, Imer, for ex or else (see
http://www.yadvashem.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_2KE?last_name=immer&first_name=&location=&next_form=results)

They are still some jewish famillies with the patronyme IMMER, do they come
from the IMMER ha Cohen from the Bible?
Reading the Bible it looks like part of this familly went with gentille women
in Babylon, and were apparently rejected from Israel.
May had they develloped a ligne of IMMER familly rejected from Israel?

Thank you
Vincent IMMER