b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Reconstructing Ancient Languages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: AMK Judaica <amkjudaica AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Reconstructing Ancient Languages
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:38:32 -0400

isaac,

it is true that hebrew was not employed in conversation outside of small
circles until relatively recently, but as a literary language it never died
out.

also, with my original question i really had pronounciation in mind. in this
regard too there has been a continuous (albeit evolving) living tradition in
ritual and educational contexts.

have a good weekend,

ari kinsberg

CC: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org