b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] pronunciation of waw-consecutive of hyh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] pronunciation of waw-consecutive of hyh
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:15:59 +1000

Isaac,

I acknowledge gemination as a standard part of Hebrew. I know you don't think
gemination exists, but you are in a very, very, very small minority.
Certainly there are no grammar or syntax books that agree with you. So while
you might see me 'giving in' to gemination, the overwhelming majority of
grammarians would simply see me as taking on board a standard feature of
Biblical Hebrew.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au