b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew font for OS X

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Bekins <pbekins AT fuse.net>
  • To: Christopher Kimball <transcriber AT tanach.us>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew font for OS X
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:14:48 -0400

On Mar 10, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Christopher Kimball wrote:

Does Firefox 3+ on the Mac use the native AAT technology for font rendering or does it have its own rendering mechanism?

I assume Firefox uses the native AAT on the mac, my AAT fonts look correct and my OpenType ones do not.

Text pasted into the Mellel processor does look better on the Mac, but it's expensive and time consuming. Viewers with lots of computing horsepower might better buy VMWare Fusion and put a Windows system on their Mac. That's what I have here.

Chris Kimball
West Redding, CT USA

That's heresy!

Peter Bekins