b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Any meaning to the Dagesh?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:46:55 -0500

David,

You could not have disproved my theories for the simple reason that they are not disprovable.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

On Feb 27, 2009, at 3:35 PM, David Kummerow wrote:

Isaac,

But note that such an opinion is based on your theories, and not on the
linguistic reality of the language. Since your theories have already
been disproved, means that your view that others' work is but "science
fiction" is "science fiction" itself!

Regards,
David Kummerow.

Yitzhak,

This business of the lengthening and the doubling is in my opinion
all science fiction.

Isaac Fried, Boston University