b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hyksos

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <torythrp AT yahoo.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hyksos
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:20:50 -0800

Dear List,

New Topic,

Based on what Tory has indicated about the mistakes made regarding the
Philistines (Peleset), I am wondering if the Hyksos were Asiatic-Canaanites or
of the first wave of the Sea Peoples. My reasoning is that according to the
Hebrew Text, Israel departed Egypt 430 years from the day that Jacob entered
Egypt. Assuming for the sake of argument (hypothesis) that 1446-5 BC is
correct
for an early date, then 1446 + 430 = 1876 BC. This would place Joseph at the
reign of Sesostris III. The "new king" who arose over Egypt (Ex. 1:8) would
be a
Hyksos king NOT an Egyptian Pharaoh called king. Ex. 1:7 does indicate that
Israel had grown exponentially during the period in which they had lived in
Goshen; thus, being a threat to any King or Pharaoh.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III