b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] anachronisms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tory Thorpe <torythrp AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] anachronisms
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 03:41:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi George,

Yes I know Dr. Bimson's arguments and also how they have been received by the
scholarly community. His work was offered up by me simply to correct the
perception of there being a unanimous consensus. There are actually a number
of equally or more convincing alternatives than the standard view which is
based in part on the old paradigm of linking pottery styles to ethnicity.

Best regards,

Tory Thorpe
Modiin, Israel