b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Fw: barak (bless? curse?) in the Book of Job

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Fw: barak (bless? curse?) in the Book of Job
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:14:59 -0800

John:
Sorry, I should have answered more completely.

>From the point of the start of the time period, it extends out into the
unknown future. Sometimes that refers to a finite period just of unknown
length, sometimes the unknown future is eternal.

The problem we sometimes run into is that some of the times where the Bible
intends a finite span, readers assume an eternal future. They make that
assumption based on the fact that there are times where an eternal future is
meant, such as in your examples below.

I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.

Karl W. Randolph.