b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The Meaning of "Shinab" and "Shemeber" at Genesis 14: 2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The Meaning of "Shinab" and "Shemeber" at Genesis 14: 2
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:00:26 -0800

Jim:
I just reread an article by David Down, professional archeologist,
describing research done in Egypt. In the article, he describes findings
that connect the Exodus with the 12th and 13th dynasties of Egypt. Seeing as
Abraham lived centuries earlier, that makes it impossible for your theories
to be anything other than the wildest flights of fancy, with absolutely no
relation to reality.

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:59 AM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> The Meaning of "Shinab" and "Shemeber" at Genesis 14: 2
>
> Again you connect the names to a Hebrew language which you claim did not
exist at that time. How silly can you get? The names could have been
Indo-European, not Semitic, making your whole analysis whistling in the
wind.

The rest of your analysis is so silly as not to deserve a detailed answer.